Monday, April 28, 2014

The Day Before

Friday, April 4... our rehearsal!

Earlier in the day, Damion and his brother, cousin, and two friends who traveled to be with us, hung out at their rental cabin, sleeping in, playing pool, and hanging out together.  I met up with my bridesmaids, one of my bridal attendants and my cousin Roslyn (i.e. - Makeup Lady!) at a nail salon in downtown Hendersonville.  We ordered some pizzas and spent a few hours getting manicures and pedicures.  Afterward, we headed to get freshened up and meet everyone at the church for rehearsal! I had been feeling so great all day. I was excited to meet folks I hadn't met yet, see everyone all together, and watch this all come together into the real deal! Except... when I got to the church, about 10 minutes late!, that's not how I felt at all! I was immediately overwhelmed and felt like ALL eyes were on me. And they WERE! I was the bride, I had all the plans (literally - in my hand!) and was expected to semi-run the show. And I WAS LATE! No one cared, of course. But, I hadn't seen Damion all day, family was all gathered together to love on us and get the party started. My friends and their families were all there... So, of course - I burst into tears! Ha! Damion immediately came to hug me, calm me down and tell me that everything was going to be okay. :o) I just needed a moment to process everything, I suppose. (My apologies to those I had never met before... you shouldn't have had to endure that right away. Thanks for sticking around!) Here are some photos of the rehearsal!

 Eric, my brother-in-law, and Damion waiting for the "bride" to walk down.

 The coolest "Ring Security" you ever did see! 
He called himself the Ring Bear. ;o) This is my nephew, Reece.

 My little brother, Adam, and my mom, Inez. 

 "Sassy" doesn't even begin to cover it! This girl is FULL of personality!
This is Damion's cousin, Elaina.

My daddy, Bruce, and my sister-in-law, Karen.
Thank you for stepping in as "the bride" at last minute!

 Here's everyone!  We had some adjustments to make, but the party is here!
(L to R: Amanda Jo, Hallie, Carmine, and Dawn; 
Eric and Damion; 
Dustin, Jamie, Teddy and Jacob)

Everything went great! We did a quick run through, adjusted some things, then did a 2nd run.  It went great! So, off we went to the dinner... 


No comments:

Post a Comment